|Contact:||Powertech Transformers Info|
Powertech Transformers (PTT) is the largest manufacturer of power and distribution transformers in Africa. It is the only African manufacturer of transformers of voltages up to 550kV. Powertech Transformers (PTT) design, manufacture, test, supply, install and commission the full range of transformers, from Distribution & Transmission transformers up to 800MVA generator step-up units.
Both Powertech Transformers facilities in Pretoria West and Cape Town carry ISO certifications for Quality ISO9001 – 2008, for the Environment ISO 14001 -2004, and OSHAS 18001-2007 certification for Health and Safety.
The transformer Testing board and the Laboratory at Pretoria West are both accredited by SANAS to ISO/IEC17025:2005 respectively for transformer testing, and for testing of materials and calibration of instruments.
Five times a year, PTT offers a 5 day transformer design and manufacturing course to External candidates. This course is accredited by the South African Institute of Electrical Engineers for 4 CPD points.
Product & services
- Distribution transformers (pole mounted and ground mounted)
- Neutral earthing reactors, resistors and transformers (NECRT)
- Compact substations known as mini-substations
- Power Transformers
- Shunt Reactors
- Industrial arc furnace transformersc
- Special transformers for Renewable Energy applications: wind and solar
- Traction transformers (On-board locomotive and ground mounted)
- Insulation kits for the electric motor industry and the transformer industry
- Copper rods, strips and bars
- Transformer oil test and analysis
- Transformer Services, including After Sales Services
- Transformers design and manufacturing training